Blog 15: A Letter from the Past: Audio Only



For this blog, I decided to create an audio version of a short letter that I wrote 52 years ago, June 17, 1968.

This letter was originally sent to my boyfriend/fiance in Santa Barbara. The letter describes the first days on the job at Denny's. I was home for the summer just a few months before my wedding that was planned for October 1968.

Individual 1 and I had found new vistas in our lives at that point and went our separate ways. The fact that I was too young to marry Individual 2 didn't occur to me at the time. I was optimistic and naive, much like we all were at the age of 20.

At times I felt that the memories mom saved for me have been overwhelming to revisit. Right now though, with the current climate of uncertainty we are all facing during these times, these items keep me grounded somehow.
So I share....






Comments

Popular Posts